No replies to this topic

#1 Chris Formeister

Chris Formeister

Juice Grinder Author

• Administrators
  • 97 posts
  • LocationArizona, United States

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:35 PM

I've seen and heard many requests for Android and iPhone versions of my and competitors software.

Unfortunanetly, this isn't going to happen, and here's why.

Whether Juice Grinder, eJuice Me Up, or another mixing program, Windows programs cannot be easily
converted, or "ported", to other platforms. Infact, most programs need to be re-written completely
from scratch for these platforms, and in a programming language that is totally different from what
the Windows program was written in.

To add to this, authors then have to actually go thru MANY hoops with Google or Apple, and also must
pay money (hundreds to thousands of dollars) to have their program listed and buy required things (such as certificates, etc.) they determine.

In all, it's a massive undertaking that basically requires the programmer to learn a new language, and
that itself could take a year or more to be fluent with, and we can't afford to give Google or Apple that much money for

a program we release as Free. Even charging money we probably won't see a decent ROI.

I hope this has helped explain why you are not seeing your favorite Juicing programs on mobile platforms.

Chris Formeister

Juice Grinder Author

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users